Monday, April 1, 2013

Lee's Amazing Green Bean Bundles

For Easter Sunday, I made this simple, yet scrumptious side dish lovingly titled...

"Lee's Amazing Green Bean Bundles" 

My friend, Lee, shared this recipe with me.  I have also seen this done with fresh asparagus.

Ingredients:

canned, whole green beans
bacon (I used center cut)
brown sugar
toothpicks

Step 1:  Bundle together 3-5 green beans.



Step 2:  Cut bacon strips in 1/2.  Wrap one piece of bacon around each bundle, and secure with a toothpick.  



Step 3:  Place bundles in a baking dish.  Top each bundle with brown sugar (about 1/2 T.).




 Step 4:  Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until brown sugar is melted and bacon is crisp.



Aren't they pretty!?!

These also make a great appetizer as well as a side dish.  Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. My kids would love those! Thanks for the recipe :)

    Visiting from Serving Joyfully's Thriving Thursday

    ReplyDelete